VibrantVitalities.com

Friday, October 31, 2008

How I Stopped Smoking

I'm a non smoker. I used to be a smoker. I quit smoking. I did it myself. It's possible!

Hello, My soon to be Ex-smoker friend.

I want to tell you how I managed to stop smoking all by myself. if you haven't done so yet, or having hard time doing it, pay close attention.


If you have a loved one who has trouble quitting smoking, let him read this.
I used to smoke 1/2 to 1 pack a day, I know, it's not as many as 2 packs a day, but it's the same addiction. Ask any doctor. I knew I must stop, But as a lot of smokers have done before me, I was full of excuses such as "I can stop when I'll want to" or "It's not an addiction, I just like it". well it is. And I Found that it is when I first decided to stop... The will for the cigarette didn't let go.

I tried a few times to just leave those cancer sticks alone, but they found their way back to me every time. So I decided to ACT! First, I started to read all about the dangers of smoking, and I started to read about the facts, the effects, the diseases.

When people tell you to stop, it's so transparent, because you're already used to hear the same things over and over again: "It's not good for your heart", "Do you want to get lung cancer?" and such.

But when you read about the true statistics and hazards, and read a lot of articles about it, and see pictures and videos about how people looked just a month earlier, and how they look now... just a month after starting to get treated for lung cancer... It does it's impact.

I won't bother you too much this time, but I would like you to think about it. it's important to take the first step NOW!

Just remember, The first step is CONVINCING YOURSELF that it's really important to quit, And that it must be done NOW.

I wish you Good Luck and an easy quitting!

Read more about smoking facts and smoking effects as well as additional smoking tips on Some-Smoking-Facts (SSF) Website.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jonathan_Baranek

No comments: